Based on the evaluation of Expression of Interests (EoIs) received as per public notices published in daily newspapers and TIN website, the following EOIs have been selected by Transparency International Nepal (TIN) for the following research components under its ‘Building National Integrity in Nepal’ program supported by the Royal Norwegian Embassy Kathmandu:
- Review of implementation provision of the United Nations Convention Against Corruption- Mahendra Raj Sapkota
- Survey measuring public service delivery in 9 districts – Dr. Prakash Chandra Bhattarai
Request for Expression of Interest (EoI) – (Re-advertized with date extension)
Transparency International Nepal (TIN), under its ‘Integrity in Post Earthquake Reconstruction and Rehabilitation (IPERR)’ program, funded by the Delegation of the European Union in Nepal, re-invites Expression of Interest (EoI) to conduct a Study related to post-earthquake reconstruction and rehabilitation:
Scope of the study – Evaluation of Post-earthquake status on:
Earthquake related death and damage data/information
- Reconstruction finance- income and expenditure process and details
- Housing grant process and beneficiaries, 1st& 2nd installment receivers & utilization
- Progress on reconstruction in key sectors – govt. schools. health posts, offices and others
- Reconstruction related government procurement processes, plans and practice
- Quality and standard of public construction works completed
- Micro public and stakeholder survey about reconstruction work and challenges.
Bidder/s are requested to propose the main concept with methodology, sample size, timeline, budget, research team, key questions and targeted interviewee for the study. Study is to be based on information from 14 most affected districts of Nepal. Considering the magnitude of the work, proportionate sampling shall be used to collect information from districts. Study should narrate the present context, present its empirical findings with data and analysis, and list relevant recommendations for building integrity in post earthquake reconstruction process.
Interested team of individuals or firm/s are encouraged to submit the EoI with a concept note (8-10 pages) on areas outlined above along with CV of individuals or profile of firm/s preferably having research as well as statistics, accounting, engineering experience. Firm should have PAN/VAT registration. The total budget shall not exceed NPR. 600,000 (six lakhs). Transportation costs for district travel and survey enumeration costs will be extra and on actual basis. The maximum time for the study and submission of report shall not exceed 3.5 months. Last date for the submission of EoI by email to firstname.lastname@example.org is April 13, 2017.
Transparency International Nepal
P.O. Box: 11486, Chakubaku Marg, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu, Email: email@example.com,