Any Nepalese citizen can become a TIN member irrespective of religion, caste, community, sex and occupation. The current practice has been to award membership through invitation as endorsed by the Executive Committee. Voluntarism is taken as a mission and commitment.
Members (Excluding Executive Committee members)
Dr. Devendra Raj Panday (Founding Member, Former President), Honorary Member
Ms. Ambica Shrestha (Founding President), Honorary Member
Mr. Damodar Prasad Gautam (Founding Member, Former President), Honorary Member
Mr. Kedar Bhakta Mathema (Former Chair, Advisory Council), Honorary Member
Mr. Krishna Prasad Bhandari (Former Secretary General), Honorary Member
Dr. Bhagwan Koirala, Honorary Member
Mr. Bishnu Bahadur K.C., (Former President), Member
Mr. Bharat Bahadur Thapa, (Former President), Member
Mr. Khem Raj Regmi, (Former President), Member
Mr. Aditya Man Shrestha, (Former Vice President), Member
Mr. Ramesh Nath Dhungel (Former Vice President), Member
Mr. Ram Krishna Manandhar, (Former, Vice President, Treasurer), Member
Mr. Ananda Raj Mulmi (Former Vice President), Member
Mr. Mahadev Prasad Yadav (Former Vice President), Member
Ms. Geeta Keshary (Former Vice President), Member
Dr. Ram Dayal Rakesh, (Former Vice President), Member
Mr. Buddhi Narayan Shrestha, (Former Vice President), Member
Mr. Mukunda Bahadur Pradhan, (Former Secretary General), Member
Mr. Kiran Thapa, (Former Treasurer), Member
Dr. Posh Raj Pandey (Former EC member), Member
Dr. Meena Acharya,(Former EC member), Member
Dr. Biswa Keshar Maskay (Former EC member), Member
Dr. Sagar Raj Sharma (Former EC Member), Member
Ms. Toya Gurung, Member (Former EC member), Member
Dr. Chintamani Yogi (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Bhim Bahadur Shrestha, (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Somraj Sigdel, (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Lila Prasad Sapkota, (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Surendra Bir Malakar, (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Krishna Gyawali (Former EC Member), Member
Ms. Arya Shrestha (Former EC Member), Member
Mr. Deep Kumar Upadhaya, Member
Mr. Surya Nath Updhaya, Member
Dr. Prem Raj Panta, Member
Dr. Suresh Raj Chalise, Member
Dr. Bijaya K.C, Member
Dr. Anusuya Joshi, Member
Dr. Ishwar Prasad Upadhyay, Member
Mr. Bhojaraj Pokhrel, Member
Mr. Mukunda Sharma Poudyal, Member
Mr. Varun Prasad Shrestha, Member
Dr. Rewat Bahadur Karki, Member
Dr. Bimal Prasad Koirala, Member
Mr. Pawan Kumar Ojha, Member
Mr. Keshav Prasad Acharya, Member
Mr. Jayram Singh Bohara, Member
Mr. Prakash A Raj, Member
Mr. Dolakh Bahadur Gurung, Member
Dr. Surya Prasad Dhungel, Member
Mr. Raju Man Singh Malla, Member
Mr. Ram Prasad Shrestha, Member
Ms. Geeta Aryal, Member
Mr. Khem Raj Pandey, Member
Mr. Surendra Bahadur Bharijoo, Member
Mr. Rajeshwar Nepali, Member
Mr. Chandreshwor Acharya, Member
Ms. Saguna Shah, Member
Ms. Saraswati Pokhrel, Member
Ms. Rosy Adhikari Paneru, Member
Ms. Sushama Karna, Member
Mr. Rajesh Kumar Joshi, Member
Ms. Sita Bhatta, Member
Code of Conduct
TIN at its Fourth General Body Meeting (July 30,1999) approved the following code of conduct.
- Benefits: Members of TIN shall not enjoy any office of profit or draw any kind of pecuniary gain in return to the service they offer to the activities or programmes undertaken by TIN.
- Acceptance of gifts, entertainment, favours and other offers of reward: A member shall not solicit or accept gifts, goods, or any form of gratification for services provided or to be provided by virtue of his/her position in or association with TIN.
- Conflict of interest: Any organization in which an office bearer, executive member or advisor of TIN has direct or indirect financial interest will be disqualified as a supplier of goods or services to be procured by TIN, except when it is provided free of cost.
- Misuse of information: For the purpose of furthering a private interest, a member shall not, directly or indirectly, use or allow the use of official information obtained through or in connection with the organisation.
- Use of TIN property: A member shall not, directly or indirectly, use or allow use of TIN property of any kind for other than officially approved activities.
- Neutrality: Members of TIN, while carrying out their official responsibilities, shall not be expected to have relations with any particular interest group.
- Litigation in Court: Members must immediately notify the Executive Committee of a summon, or other legal document which would involve them in court proceeding, related to corruption charges.
- Core Value: A member shall be opposed to corruption and supportive of the core values of Transparency International Nepal (TIN) and Transparency International (TI) and play an active voluntary role to promote the anti-corruption activities in the country.
- Transparency: All TIN members will declare their membership, ownership and interests in organisations they are involved in or have direct or indirect financial interests so that the conflict of interest clause can be properly and transparently applied.
- Accountability: A member shall in the performance of his/her TIN related duties and functions be accountable to TIN for the works carried out by him/her or on his/her behalf. All members shall honour the role, status and authority of TIN Executive Committee all times.
- Networking: TIN members shall strive to establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the organisations interested in fighting corruption. Members are expected to participate in activities which bring to public attention the negative effects of corruption as well as effective steps to contain it.
- Prejudiced statement: A member shall not make public statements involving specific allegations of corruption, in his/her capacity as a TIN member.
- History: A member is not expected to have a history of involvement in corrupt business practices.
- Lobbying: TIN members shall act as lobbyists for action to ensure proper standards of conduct in national and international business transactions and play an active role in strengthening all efforts against corruption.
- Earnings: All earnings of a member on behalf of TIN or works related to TIN shall be deposited in the bank account of TIN.
- Financial obligation: All members are expected to pay their taxes regularly on their taxable incomes.
- Disciplinary action: Violation of the code of conduct by a member could lead to disciplinary action by the Executive Committee. The committee will decide the nature of such an action.